Monday 10 May 2010

Shrimp Scampi and Butter Cake with Penuche Frosting

School is finished for the year. I now have 20 free days in Sweden which clearly means BAKE TIME! A goal in life was to make a cake with penuche frosting because my mom makes them and they are TO DIE FOR. I had also been craving shrimp so I tried out a shrimp scampi recipe I got from Foodnetwork.com It was a Barefoot Contessa Recipe. It was great, however I did not measure the lemon, I guessed and the lemon ended up being a little overpowering. The butter cake was a recipe I found on allrecipes.com as well as the penuche frosting. The penuche was soooo good! The butter cake was good, but I think next time I will try a different recipe (or if I am back in the US, just use handy betty crocker yellow cake mix)





No comments:

Post a Comment