Wednesday 24 March 2010

A little bit of kindness goes a long way



The kindness of strangers is such an amazing thing. The other day I slipped pretty badly on some ice. I went down and my cell phone went flying and I got all muddy. A man that was about 15 feet ahead, going the opposite direction turned around and immediately asked if I was alright and came over to help me. He helped me down the ice, and walked me half way back to my apartment. Last night I again had a little issue with some ice. And a passerby reached out and held my hand until I made it safely to pavement. These are two people I have never even seen before. It was truely touching. It really makes me think twice about mankind. And it also makes me think about those who I call friends. Not only people I have met but people I consider very close who have a tendency to not be there for me when I could use a friendly hand. It really makes me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment