This fall I took advantage of my inability to buy pumpkin puree in a can (these silly Swedish people have yet to discover the deliciousness of these orange beauties). So I went to the downtown market, and luckily some of the farmers had pumpkins!
Here are the directions to make your own pumpkin puree. It is so easy!
1. Cut pumpkin in half. Remove the pulp and seeds. (keep seeds in you want to eat them later)
2. Cover pumpkin halves with foil and place on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-2 hours. This depends on the pumpkin's size. Remove from oven when pumpkin is tender/ the skin peels away pretty easily.
4. Let cool.
5. Peel away pumpkin from skin.
6. Put the pumpkin in blender or food processor and blend until there are no chunks.
7. Freeze or use, whatever you want :) I saved mine in the freezer in 850 gram boxes (the equivalent of two 15 oz cans)
8. Make something delicious like pumpkin bread or pumpkin cheesecake and ENJOY!