Interesting things about Turkey:
- Many people order groceries online and they are delivered to the home.
- There is a sound that plays over a loud speaker all over Turkey that means it is prayer time, 5 times a day.
- They do not practice the same health behaviors we do. Example: Not covering mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Thousands of jelly fish in the water. Note to self: Do not swim here.
- Very cheap public transportation. A one hour trip with busses and metro to the city is less than $3.50
- I am told the average income in Turkey is about $11,000 a year. This means, as an Au Pair, I am almost making a normal salary by Turkish standards.
- After my first Turkish coffee, the children's grandma told me my fortune. When you are finished drinking the Turkish coffee there is thick mud like coffee grounds at the bottom. Turn the cup upside down onto the plate and let it sit. When the 'fortune teller' lifts the cup, they can tell you your fortune.
- So much BAKLAVA!